LG 2016 Products Unveiled At CES Available For Sale To U.S. Consumers Today
For First Time Ever, Consumers Can Pre-Order Selected Home Entertainment Products Through Participating Online Retailers
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA announced today that for the first time ever, brand new home entertainment products unveiled at CES® are for sale to consumers, even before they officially rollout at retail stores.
Five of the most advanced new products introduced today CES 2016 are available for pre-order through Amazon.com and other participating online retailers. Consumers can visit LG.com to see available products for pre-order.
"CES is the most anticipated consumer technology show of the year, and it's the launchpad for our latest and greatest products," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. "This year, we're bringing that excitement directly to consumers who can buy some of these amazing products before they even hit store shelves."
LG Home Entertainment products included in this momentous pre-sale include:
- LG OLED TV: LG OLED is an entirely new category of television that uses a revolutionary technology to deliver exceptional picture quality with perfect blacks and incredible color, even from wide viewing angles. LG's 2016 OLED models will feature 4K Ultra HD and an unrivaled HDR experience with images that look more real, with more perceived depth as well as crisp, vibrant color. The lineup is expected to meet the new UHDA "Ultra HD Premium" HDR certification and will also feature Dolby Vision™ HDR technology, making them the first to be compatible with both formats. The E6 series displays the stunning picture quality of OLED on an elegant, stunningly slim glass panel. This unique Picture-On-Glass design measures just 2.57 millimeters (one-tenth of an inch), with a translucent glass back and powerful speaker system. Available for pre-order is the all-new 65-inch (64.5 inches measured diagonally) LG OLED E6.
- Premium 4K Ultra HD LCD/LED TV: LG is introducing a premium lineup of LCD 4K UHD LCD/LED TVs called "LG SUPER UHD," which feature high-dynamic range (HDR) with improved dynamic contrast and expanded color and feature DolbyVision™ HDR technology.* The LG SUPER UHD lineup also features webOS 3.0, LG's simple and fast Smart TV platform, providing consumers with more HDR and 4K content options than ever before.** Available for pre-order now is an all-new 65-inch class (64.5 inches measured diagonally) LG SUPER UHD TV.
- Monitors: New for 2016, LG is debuting the Curved UC98 21:9 UltraWide® Monitor series, which provides extra screen real estate designed to ensure maximum productivity and entertainment for today's demanding power users. The monitor includes LG's proprietary picture quality enhancing IPS display technology, streamlined features for multi-tasking and QHD resolution (3440 x 1440) pixels for an immersive viewing experience. Available for pre-order now is the 34-inch class (32.7 inches measured diagonally) LG UltraWide Monitor.
- Wireless Audio: LG's Music Flow lineup includes wireless and Bluetooth® sound bars and speakers that consumers can choose from and create a customized, premium home audio network that fits into their budget and home. The new SH6/SH7 sound bar features Google Cast, so users can easily stream from popular online music services such as Google Play™ Music and Pandora and features BT-Fi™, which automatically switches the connectivity method based on content source.
- Projectors: With more variety than ever before, LG Minibeam projectors offer enhanced portability with wireless connectivity and an even more slimmed down body featuring a one-hand grip design. The PH550 features both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for unparalleled freedom and viewing convenience. Additionally, LG's Ultra Short Throw LED Home Theater Projector (model PF1000U), which was honored with a CES 2016 Innovation Award, is available now.
These products and more are on display in LG's booth (LVCC Central Hall, #8204) at CES 2016 from Jan. 6-9 in Las Vegas. For more information, visit http://ces2016.lgnewsroom.com
* DolbyVision™ HDR technology will be available via a network update expected early this year.
**Wireless Internet connection & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. Agreement to smart TV terms and conditions required to use certain smart features. Content and services vary by product and are subject to change without notice. webOS does not support Flash. In order to stream 4K content you will need a high speed internet plan capable of receiving 20Mb per second of data.
About LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company
The LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company is a global leader in television, audio video systems, monitors, personal computers, digital signage and commercial displays. The company opened a new era of innovation in the TV market, pioneering the use of OLED technology in home theater displays and implementing an intuitive operating system to allow customers to experience the full benefits of smart TV technology. LG is committed to improving customers' lives with innovative home entertainment products led by its award-winning 4K OLED TVs, ULTRA HD TVs and webOS TVs. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About LG Electronics USA
Named 4K UHD Partner for CES® 2016, LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015
ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. www.lg.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160105/319589
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160105/319590
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141231/166554LOGO
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.
For further information: LG Electronics, Inc., Ken Hong, +1 310 998 7730, email@example.com, www.LGnewsroom.com, OR Juah Kim, +1 424 259 0060, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.LGnewsroom.com; LG Electronics USA, Taryn Brucia, 201 214 3302, email@example.com